Micro-Cut Shredders(42 Products)
What Are Micro-Cut Paper Shredders?
Micro-cut shredders protect your clients’ confidential, proprietary information and other sensitive documents. While cross-cut shredders allow you to meet the standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), a micro-cut paper shredder takes that security to the next level. A micro shredder cuts paper sheets into such tiny pieces - some as small as 0.11 x 0.37 inches - that it's practically impossible to piece them together to recreate the original document. They also produce as much as 80 percent more paper per gallon than strip shredders, saving space while awaiting pick-up.
What Are the Main Features of Micro Shredders?
- Run Time: Micro-cut shredders can shred for 2 to 20 minutes depending on their run time, which is helpful when shredding boxes of folders.
- Automatic Feed: Choosing a model with an automatic feed will let users multitask as shredding progresses, along with forward and reverse features as well as anti-jam capabilities.
- Auto-Stop: Micro-cut shredders may boast auto-stop features that not only save energy but also offer added safety during use.
- Quiet: Many micro-cut paper shredders operate quietly. Some models create sound as low as 60 to 72 decibels for distraction-free operation.
- Removable Waste Baskets: Some microcut shredders have designs that include removable waste baskets that hold from 3.5 to 8 gallons of shredded paper. Most microcut paper shredders also allow the use of bags for neat removal.
- Easy Waste Management: You can select collection bins that include a window so employees can keep an eye on the waste level, avoiding overfills and spills. Stock up on trash cans for quick trash removal.
- Energy-Efficient: Energy management systems of some styles minimize energy consumption while the machine is in standby mode, making them practical and efficient.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Some micro paper shredders are built with a sleek and sophisticated appearance that blends with the rest of the office decor.
- Portable: Some microcut shredders come equipped with wheels and are easy to move between offices. As implied by their size, many micro-cut shredders have a small footprint that leaves plenty of space for other equipment and furniture.
How Can Micro-Cut Shredders Be Used?
Much like heavy-duty paper shredders, the hardened steel cutting blades of select models of micro-cut paper shredders can handle as many as 100 sheets of paper at a time, while others shred 8 to 16 sheets per pass. The strong motors in these micro-cut paper shredders allow them to cut through staples and paperclips. Some micro-cut shredders zip through CDs, DVDs and credit cards, so even electronic copies of sensitive documents can be permanently destroyed and you don’t need to waste time removing paperclips and staples. Microcut shredders make a great addition to any office!