Customers also viewed
Startech 1TB Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure (Black)
- The enclosure delivers optimal performance with a USB 3.0 connection, but is backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 host connections as well.
- Enhanced with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this 2.5" SATA III enclosure performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller.
- Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP reduces latency, significantly increasing transfer speeds and reducing processor usage to utilize the full potential of your SATA III hard drives.
- With support for SATA I/II/III, and large capacity drives (tested up to 1TB) this HDD enclosure is compatible with virtually any 2.5in SATA hard drive, and greatly increase the storage/backup capabilities of your computer.
- The USB 3.0/SATA III enclosure requires no external power adapter and features high quality aluminum construction, ensuring both portability and durability when carried as a laptop accessory.
- To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the S2510BMU33 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS.UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux.
- In testing UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
- At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
- Testing results were obtained using an Intel Ivy Bridge system, a UASP enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.